Monday, February 16, 2009

Starting week 7

The weeks just keep on going by so quickly ! I'm about 1/2 to my competition ( April 4).
I can see my problem areas..
1) my overhead press is killing me - still holding at 95 !
2) Grip strength is still an issue - I can carry 120LB DB's to one end of the room - only about 20 ft. I really have to step this up.. I have grip trainers at home - which I need to use MORE OFTEN !!!!! Remember, the Farmer's walk is 140 lbs per hand!
3) My DL is still pretty weak - holding at 205. My Sumo DL was at 235 at the beginning but I have not been able to hit that again. I separated my squat an DL days - so I only hit them every other week - tonight is a DL night - we'll see how I do. *** I did a 230 lb strait Leg DL last night***

On the fun news front - I did van pushes yesterday - Johnny and I hit the high school parking lot and I did 3 pushes at about 80 ft per push in timing ranges from 25 to 35 seconds. Not too shabby - My legs were screaming !!!! Next is the Van pull - which I need to borrow a harness and chain for - that should be fun !
I have attached the link to the video for the van pushes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhcFJqNvS-g

No comments: