Monday, March 2, 2009

4 weeks out - picking up momentum

Week - I'm 4 weeks out from the competition and still struggling with the overhead press. I asked my pals at Teambix.com for ideas in gaining more upper body strength. The answer was to work on COMPOUND exercises...Bench Press, Incline Press, Floor Press, Military Press AND pull ups, push ups, tricep extensions....all in ONE session - or so I think - I have a question out about that !

Starting this week, I will also start incorporating in 2 - 30 minute conditioning sessions - over the next 3 weeks in addition to my DE and ME workouts. I decided to tack the condidiong sessions at the end of the DE days. Altough I'm wondering if I do them on DE and ME pressing days, it may be more effective. I just don't know ! I have to worry about OVERTRAINING! Maybe I should only have one conditionng session per week. Today is the first day of this, so I'll see how I feel.
The weekly outlook will look like:
Sun - OFF
Mon - DE Pressing. C&P and conditioning
Tues - Off
Wed - ME DL day
Thurs Off
Fri - ME Press Day and conditioning
Sat - DE DL day

No comments: